Tuesday, 22 April 2014

How To: Cow Print Shift Top

 photo readycopy_zps514da113.jpg
The shift top has got to me one of my favorite garments right now, and ever since Givenchy Pre-Fall 2013 happened I've had an affinity for the cow print. Over Easter I combined the two using a fabric that looks like the baby of a cow and a dalmatian (the cowmatian). Cow print has been popping up frequently in clutches and lightweight shorts as well since last year, and my leftover fabric might make its way into a basic zippered pouch in the coming days.

INSPIRATION:

In terms of method this was basically a repeat of this top, with a couple minor changes.

TOOLS:
 photo tools_zps070f3ddc.jpg
Fabric (about 1.5 m)   ǀ  Scissors   ǀ    Pins   ǀ   Thread   ǀ   Fabric marker   ǀ   Sewing machine or needle

When tracing the fabric, I made the sleeves slightly shorter and more narrow than in the previous top.
 photo cut_zps09b81e91.jpg
When at step III, after sewing the shoulder seams, I pressed the seam allowance flat on the inside, and added a straight stitch to both sides of the seam on the right side to create the look of a flat fell seam.
 photo iron_zps5cd097c3.jpg  photo sesam_zps08ecdea2.jpg xo,

Julia

1 comment:

I would love to hear what you think and learn about your DIY adventures!

 

Contour Affair Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger